Monday, April 4, 2011

Charlottes 1st Birthday - Butterflies and Owls





My youngest has just turned one!!! Little Charlie Lou had her 1st birthday on the 26th of March just over 1 month since our city was turned upside down..... but here was no way I was letter an Earthquake ruin HER big day :)


Here she is in her birthday outfit


Butterfly Fairy bread


I ♥ details!!
see the invite here

My new silicone teacups


Cookies all made my ME :)




Rice Bubble cake on popsicle sticks

And last but not least the CAKE! My first go with Fondant and a 5 kilo mud cake! I think it came out pretty well (we did have one booked in to be made but had to cancel after the EQ and the lady who was going to be making it told me I did a great job!!!) Take note of the ears... my husband contributed these, they took just as long as the rest of the owl to make!




And the birthday girl with her cake....



Linked to


Photobucket

New Look Button





A Marvelous Mess

2 comments:

  1. What a cute cake! You did a great job! And you have some great ideas for the rest of the party too. Thanks for sharing!

    Valerie-www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com
    Stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! What an adorable gathering. I would love it if you would share this at my Marvelous Mess party....each week I pick one project to feature on my sidebar!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/04/marvelous-mess-7.html

    ReplyDelete