Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Quiet Book


The Quiet Book



I'd seen a few of these around on blogs and loved the idea so I thought it would be my april project. I got a lot of inspiration from Homemade by Jill and The Crafting Chicks.
Grace LOVES her book and I'll be starting on Charlottes soon - best thing is the pages will be interchangeable so they can swap them over and no one will get bored!



Page 1 Pick the apples



Dress ups and ice cream shop



The Barn with animal finger puppets and The counting page



Put the petals on the flower in numerical order and the cupcake page



Button the flowers and the castle (still to make the prince, princess and horse finger puppets)

There is still one more page - a mirror and hair to plait but I broke the mirror when binding the book :(

I am so very happy with how it turned out and Grace is over the moon with her book, it only comes out on special occasions ie when she needs to have quiet time!

I hope this gives you some inspiration to start your own quiet book and If you do please send me photos! I'd LOVE to see!!!

xox

Linked to

Get Your Craft On Tuesday
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!! i just posted a quiet book too:) they are sooo fun. yours turned out so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I have never made a quiet book but I just love them! Cute pages!
    Shauna
    myshaenoel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was also gonna tell ya your castle page is darling, i cant wait to see the finger puppets to go with it, my sister is making one for her daughter..ill have to show her your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley :) I love yours too! I will get on to the finger puppets this weekend because my little darling wants her princess and horsey :)

    ReplyDelete